Michael Sheldon's Stuff

Michael Sheldon (mike at mikeasoft dot com)

November 7, 2013

Eyrie for Ubuntu Touch
Mike @ 12:15 am

Overview

Eyrie is a music identification program that I originally created for the Nokia N9 but which I’ve now also ported to Ubuntu Touch. It works in a similar way to commercial applications like Shazam and SoundHound, listening to music through the phone’s microphone and then generating an acoustic fingerprint using the open source EchoPrint algorithm. Currently the EchoPrint database isn’t anywhere near as large as the various commercial offerings, so it won’t recognise everything, but it has reasonable coverage.

Video

Video of Eyrie running on Ubuntu Touch

Installation

To install Eyrie on Ubuntu Touch simply search for “Eyrie” on your phone and it should appear.

6 Comments »

1. That is great!! Is there a project I can file bugs to and propose branches? I’d like two have a few things fixed:

* Visual indication that the app did not died. ATM I’m confused if it is working or not.
    * Provide a list of already tagged songs, maybe use u1db for that (syncing over devices for free!
    * Send information to the lock screen, like ‘You tagged 2 songs today’

Comment by Mandel — November 7, 2013 @ 1:53 am

2. Mandel – The source is available here: https://gitorious.org/eyrie/eyrie/source (branch: ubuntutouch) :)

Comment by Mike — November 9, 2013 @ 1:23 am

3. Hello, I have been looking at adding some features for eyrie on Ubuntu Touch and I have got some questions:

1. I noticed that echonest-codegen was not copiling correctly (I reported the bug https://github.com/echonest/echoprint-codegen/issues/59 and fixed it)
    2. I don’t quite get how to setup the enviroment. Is there are README or something of the kind.
    3. I Noticed that you have the INCLUDEPATH var to point to a local copy of codegen, what about using ‘git submodule add’ to add the local copy to a well known path in the repository of eyrie, that way the devel environment will be easier to reproduce :)

If you an answer me num 2 I’ll start sending some patches your way :)

Comment by Mandel — November 29, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

4. Hi Mandel,

If you place echoprint-codegen in the directory above the root eyrie directory and copy the compiled libcodegen.so into the eyrie/src directory, you’ll then be able to run ./buildclick.sh and everything should build. Feel free to submit a pull request with that rearranged into codegen being a submodule to make things simpler though :).

Cheers,
    Mike.

Comment by Mike — November 29, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

5. I believe what you published was actually very reasonable.
    However, what about this? suppose you were to create a awesome headline?
    I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your blog, however what if you
    added a title to maybe get people’s attention? I mean Eyrie for Ubuntu Touch | Michael Sheldon’s Stuff is a little vanilla.
    You might glance at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they
    create news headlines to grab viewers to click. You might
    add a video or a related picture or two to grab people excited about everything’ve got to say.
    Just my opinion, it would bring your blog a little livelier.

Comment by เสื้อสูทผู้หญิง — June 27, 2015 @ 9:11 pm

6. Gitorious is down. Do you have the code elsewhere?

Comment by Michael Terry — August 20, 2015 @ 1:30 am