Michael Sheldon's Stuff

Michael Sheldon (mike at mikeasoft dot com)

August 27, 2012

Erudite – Read Kindle books on the Nokia N9 and N950
Mike @ 11:48 am

Overview

Erudite makes it possible to use Amazon’s Cloud Reader service under MeeGo. You can either read books online, or download them for reading offline. Your progress in a book is kept synchronised between your N9 and other Kindle devices.

Screenshots

Video

Video of Erudite on a Nokia N9

Download

Nokia N9/N950 version available in the Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/307241

Nemo mobile version: com.mikeasoft.firestarter-1.0-21.4.Nemo.Apps.MTF.armv7hl.rpm

19 Comments »

1. [...] da semana. E o N9 e o N950 ganham um cliente para o Amazon Cloud Reader (livros do [...]

Pingback by Pinguins Móveis – Segunda dos pinguins móveis — August 27, 2012 @ 10:29 pm

2. Awesome!
    Im sure that I will never need this app but your apps are awesome!

Comment by why is this required? — August 28, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

3. Thank you very much for this app – it is surprisingly useable once the font size is increased, especialy with the volume keys controlling the page turns

a Kindle app was always a regretfully missing app on the N9 for me and I am amazed that you managed to make it happen!

Thanks Again!

Comment by Jan — August 30, 2012 @ 10:21 am

4. Jan – Glad you’re enjoying it :).

Comment by Mike — August 30, 2012 @ 11:28 am

5. Why is it if you type in “Firestarter” in Nokia Store “Search” nothing is found, although if you go to “Entertainment” it is “top” of the bestsellers? Brilliant app by the way!

Comment by aspergerguy — September 4, 2012 @ 10:36 am

6. aspergerguy – Glad you’re enjoying the app. Unfortunately Nokia don’t appear to be updating their search indexes for new apps in the store at the moment, I contacted them about it but just got a fairly stock response telling me that I needed to wait a couple of days for them to update.

Hopefully they’ll fix this soon, although I saw a mention on talk.maemo.org that seemed to suggest this has been going on for a few months now.

Comment by Mike — September 4, 2012 @ 10:56 am

7. Great app! This reduces my shopping list :)
    One thing. I have other country’s amazon account and now I cannot access books I downloaded/bought with that account as this app only allow to see US(?) amazon :( Is this known problem?
    Thanks a lot again!

Comment by Mit — October 31, 2012 @ 9:40 am

8. Hi Mit,

In theory it should work with accounts from most Amazon sites (personally I use it via an amazon.co.uk account), and for most people there isn’t a problem. I’m wondering if you also have a separate account setup on amazon.com that might be what causes the confusion? Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do about this sort of problem as that’s all on Amazon’s side of things, so you’d need to report it to them.

Here are the official comments from Amazon on the topic: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200734550

Comment by Mike — November 1, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

9. is it possible that there is an app like this one but for the nokia N81 model?

Comment by Bella — December 14, 2012 @ 6:07 am

10. Thanks for an awesome app. Is there a way to open Kindle format (.mobi) files I’ve downloaded from archive.com for example?

Comment by alip — October 5, 2013 @ 11:19 am

11. Hi alip,

Unfortunately the Amazon Cloud Reader only supports books purchased through the Amazon store, I’d suggest trying FBReader for general (non-DRM’d) .mobi books.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Comment by Mike — October 5, 2013 @ 11:53 am

12. Surely, you may want to hard disk use. If you are able to install programs on the
    hard disks gives buyers’ choice matching their user needs.
    These devices range from $400 – $1000 depending on the circular platters to mitigate loss of important
    data saved on the platter. Cloud can be in a specialized
    assistance center so that they may contain virus which if the HDD business.

Comment by частотный преобразователь цена — October 14, 2014 @ 1:29 am

13. diamond ring women price

Michael Sheldon’s Stuff » Erudite – Read Kindle books on the Nokia N9 and N950

Trackback by diamond ring women price — October 14, 2014 @ 9:44 am

14. at home diamond ring cleaning

Michael Sheldon’s Stuff » Erudite – Read Kindle books on the Nokia N9 and N950

Trackback by at home diamond ring cleaning — October 16, 2014 @ 1:43 pm

15. computer repair in fayetteville nc

Michael Sheldon’s Stuff » Erudite – Read Kindle books on the Nokia N9 and N950

Trackback by computer repair in fayetteville nc — October 17, 2014 @ 5:36 am

16. Remarkable things here. I am very glad to peer your post.
    Thank you so much and I am looking forward to contact you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

Comment by Ladonna — October 17, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

17. work-abroard.Com

Michael Sheldon’s Stuff » Erudite – Read Kindle books on the Nokia N9 and N950

Trackback by work-abroard.Com — October 18, 2014 @ 9:07 pm

18. Exiten otros métodos para descargar y también instalar Aptoide en nuestros dispositivos mas, “h” a la” b”, Google ha cortado el grifo a Aptoide y
    ha eliminado su petición de la Play Store.

Comment by resignarme — October 18, 2014 @ 9:24 pm