Today I created a new STX LiveCD so I could test the new installer. It’s all coming along pretty nicely now, though I’m not done yet. A few little modifications I made to the basic STX install were:
- Changed the GTK theme to “Redmond” for more consistancy with FLTK programs.
- Recompiled PyFLTK so it used Xft to anti-alias fonts.
- Changed the desktop icon label font size from 10 to 12 to make it nicely anti-aliased.
- Added my patched version of eworkpanel for notification area support (still buggy, but better than nothing).
- Started looking at slapt-update-notifier; looks like I might need to hack EDE a little to make libnotify work though.
- Switched the X cursor to whiteglass since EDE seems to display the core cursor differently to everything else.
- Added a hamster to the corner ;).
I don’t know how many of these changes stibs will want to make use of though, so don’t get too attached to anything ;).
And here’s a pretty screenshot: