StatusNet for MeeGo makes it possible for Nokia N9, N950 and similar phones to connect to StatusNet compatible microblogging services such as Identi.ca. It supports viewing statuses in the phone’s event feed alongside Twitter and Facebook updates, viewing conversations, posting new status updates and replying to other people.
Assuming no issues are encountered by testers I plan on submitting this version to the Apps For MeeGo repository, and later also the Nokia Ovi Store.
You’ll need to restart your phone before statuses start appearing in the events feed, although you’ll be able to use the main app straight away. Because of some changes in the dbus services its also necessary to restart your phone even if you’ve already installed version 0.1 (this won’t be needed after future updates though).
- Posting updates.
- Posting replies.
- Viewing messages in the application.
- Display full conversations.
- Load additional statuses from earlier in time.
- Splash screen while connecting.
- Improved dbus handling.
- Asynchronous message loading and posting.
- Support for displaying rich content (pictures, videos, etc.)
- Ability to mark statuses as being “favourites”.
- Option to subscribe to new users in the app.