I’ve just released a new version of Libre Droid onto the Android Market (also downloadable here: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/libredroid-1.4.apk). The main changes in this release are:
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) support – Previous versions didn’t work under Froyo due to the new streaming framework (libstagefright) not supporting HTTP redirection, so resolving the final URL is now handled by Libre Droid itself.
- Ability to add custom tag stations – You’re no longer restricted to the preset tag stations so if you want to listen to female vocals, finger picked guitar, monkeys or anything else our music might be tagged with then you can create a dedicated station for it.
- Support for playing a user’s loved station – All the music you’ve ever loved in one easy station.
- Support for the community loved station – The Libre.fm community’s favourite music, this is a selection of all the music that’s ever been loved by any of our users with the most popular tracks playing most frequently.
- New artwork.
- Plus a few miscellaneous bug fixes.
To access it directly on your phone either scan the QR code below or click on it from within your phone’s browser. Alternatively you can simply search for “Libre Droid” in the Android Market.